About Rakesh M. Amin
Rakesh Amin has been a leader, mentor and counselor for over 20 years and is widely recognized as one of the country’s foremost food/beverage, dietary supplement, cosmetics, drug and medical device lawyers.
From innovative startups to established product category leaders, clients rely on Rakesh’s in-depth expertise, which spans evolving FDA, USDA, FTC, advertising, and California Proposition 65 compliance challenges; brand protection and enforcement strategies; and risk mitigation and dispute resolution.
Rakesh’s roster of clients in the food, beverage, dietary supplement, cosmetic, drug, medical device, pet care, restaurant and fashion industries – including ingredient suppliers, manufacturers, CPG brands, retailers, private equity and corporate law firms, and leading health and beauty trade associations — appreciate his keen understanding of the technical details of their products’ formulation and development process, as well as the legal issues relevant to their business goals.
Clients regularly turn to Rakesh for assistance with the following:
- Creating effective and compliant labeling and advertising campaigns;
- Patent, trade secret and trademark protection, monitoring and enforcement;
- Product development and clinical trials;
- Defending against government investigations, white-collar complaints, class actions, Prop 65, National Advertising Division and ADA challenges;
- Patent and trademark infringement, trade secret theft, and disputes related to false advertising, supply-chain, technology/software and commercial breach of contract litigation;
- GMPs, warning letters, 483s and recalls;
- Customs and import issues; and
- Due diligence reviews for buyers and sellers in mergers, acquisitions and investments.
Rakesh is an industry insider, immersed in the following organizations and associations:
- Naturally Chicago and The Chicago Food Science Foundation/Institute of Food Technology (IFT) (Board member)
- U.S. Hemp Roundtable
- The Council for Responsible Nutrition
- The International Probiotics Association
- The Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega-3s (GOED/fish oils)
- Trust Transparency Center
- The Collagen Stewardship Alliance
- The CoQ10 Association
- The Coconut Coalition of Americas
- The Global Curcumin Association
- The American Botanical Council
- What’s Up with Supps
- American Herbal Products Association
- The International Aloe Science Council
- Association of Corporate Counsel’s Nutrition Law Symposium
- The Consumer Healthcare Products Association
- The Independent Beauty Association
- The National Animal Supplements Council
- The Chicagoland Food & Beverage Network
- The SoCal Dietary Supplement Consortium
- Naturally Network
Rakesh enjoys spending time playing games, watching movies and traveling with his wife, son and daughter, and all-sports especially boating, basketball, snowboarding and swimming.