California's Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (Proposition 65) created fear that food companies would be compelled to add label warnings about extremely low, safe levels of carcinogens and reproductive toxicants present in foods. We advise and work with clients on Proposition 65 and other label warning and compliance issues as they arise.
Our Proposition 65 Services Include:
- Working with experts to demonstrate that listed chemicals in our clients' products present no significant risk of cancer
- Providing guidance on how to comply with safety standards and consumer warning label requirements
- Assessing risk and exposure levels and developing appropriate remedial programs
- Negotiating with State officials and lawyers representing bounty hunters to not initiate or dismiss their lawsuits
- Petitioning the State to remove chemicals from the Proposition 65 list of substances
- Assisting in Proposition 65 audits